Fields: housing, social services, poverty, immigrants, Spanish
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
About the Organization: Churches United for Fair Housing (CUFFH) is a grassroots organization that works towards community empowerment through community organizing, youth engagement, and by providing sophisticated social services. CUFFH organizes towards preserving and creating vibrant communities that are not exclusive and are really affordable to working families in New York City. CUFFH programs serve the extremely low-income and immigrant families that are threatened by displacement and lack of affordable housing options city-wide.
About the Position: The Constituent Services Specialist will help carry out our year-round service programs which include affordable and fair housing workshops, tenant and immigrant know-your-rights workshops and referral programs to other resources and services through the CUFFH Network. This position provides affordable housing information to large groups of our constituents, as well as works closely with individuals in a one-on-one setting to provide personalized assessment, counseling and assistance.
- This position requires fluency in Spanish and English; Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Spanish
- A deep passion for social justice and community organizing
- 2+ years of customer/direct service, intake or relevant experience
- Strong organizing, planning, meeting/workshop facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, particularly working with people in crisis
- Experience and interest in taking ownership of social media accounts
- Must be reliable, on time and responsive to communication; Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Good teamwork skills, high energy and a positive attitude
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 annually; Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
Deadline: Not given
Churches United for Fair Housing