Fields: LGBTQ, health, HIV, communications, media
Location: Richmond, Virginia
About the Organization: Bridges 757 is a high impact HIV prevention program serving men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women of color in the Greater Hampton Roads area.
About the Position: The Community Engagement Specialist will work as part of the Bridges757 team to expand our network of support service providers to men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women of color in the Greater Hampton Roads area. The Community Engagement Specialist will translate objectives related to community engagement into programmatic initiatives. The core activities of this position include relationship building, partnership development and maintenance, and coalition building. In addition, this person must be a proficient communicator across a variety of platforms, including print and various social media outlets. This position is also responsible for minimum administrative work, including taking meeting minutes, and providing support for the DDP HIV/AIDS Hotline. This position is based at VDH Central Office in Richmond, VA and requires weekly travel to the Hampton Roads area.
- Experience as a community health worker/health advocate/peer educator engaging with MSM and transgender populations.1 year (preferred)
- Experience and familiarity with relationship building and developing partnerships with community organizations.1 year (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate meetings and community events.
- Knowledge of culture and values in both the LGBT and local community.
- Licensed to operate a vehicle in the Commonwealth of Virginia; Ability to travel to the Hampton Roads Area on a weekly basis; Occasionally will be required to work nights and weekends
- Preferred Qualifications –
- Experience preparing detailed reports and presentations using data compiled from multiple sources
- Experience producing visually appealing infographics
Estimated Salary: $20/hour
Virginia Department of Health