Fields: rural, economics, agriculture, sociology, statistics
Location: Multiple, South Dakota
About the Organization: The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is looking for dedicated and talented individuals to assist in its mission of partnering with the American farmers and ranchers to attain an economically and environmentally sound future for American agriculture. FSA supports America’s farmers and ranchers as they face the uncertainties of weather and market conditions. FSA delivers commodity, credit, conservation, disaster, and emergency assistance programs that help improve the stability and strength of the agricultural economy.
About the Position: These positions are assigned to the Farm Service Agency in the State of South Dakota with (1) position in Aberdeen, Brown County, SD; (1) in White River, Mellette County, SD; and (1) in Yankton, Yankton County, SD. This position assists the Farm Loan Manager in administering farm loan programs in a USDA Service Center serving one or more Counties. Major responsibilities include:
- Making, servicing, and supervising loans;
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and credit counseling to loan applicants and borrowers;
- Has delegated loan approval authority to approve loans within a specific limit;
- Has knowledge of agency farm loan programs and eligibility requirements;
- Has knowledge of the technicalities of farm financing and credit, financial management concepts and practices, farm operations, land use and value, production and marketing of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the serviced farming areas.
- 4-year course of study leading to a Bachelors degree or a Bachelors degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, statistics, or another field related to the position, such as agriculture, agricultural economics, farm, livestock or ranch management, or rural sociology from an accredited college or university; OR
- 3 years of progressively responsible general experience, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least the GS-4 in Federal service or private sector that required
- (1) gathering and analyzing facts and figures, and presenting the information or conclusions in clear oral and written language; or
- (2) that provided a knowledge of the principles of financial analysis or of insurance laws, such as contract, property, life, casualty, or marine insurance;
- OR a combination of education and experience as listed above.
Estimated Salary: $33,394 to $53,773 per year
Deadline: September 6, 2018
Farm Service Agency