Fields: women’s rights, racial justice, social justice, poverty, fundraising
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The Boston Women’s Fund is a progressive foundation that supports community based organizations and grassroots initiatives run by women and girls in order to create a society based on racial, economic and social justice. We strive for a world free of racism, sexism, poverty and other oppressions.
About the Position: BWF is seeking creative undergraduate or graduate work study students interested in gaining work experience in the field of philanthropy. The Program and Development Interns will work with the Program Officer and Development Coordinator to support current and potential grantees, fundraising efforts, and general office administrative duties. Open to semester or full academic year employment. Hours are negotiable.
- Must be a student enrolled at an accredited college or university and be participating in the federal work study program.
- Event Planning and project management skills.
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, or InDesign) is preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including research, writing, editing and analytic skills.
- Self-Starter who can work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and philanthropy.
Estimated Salary: $15 per hour
Boston Women’s Fund