Fields: youth, education, social services, job training,
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Bottom Line is dedicated to helping first-generation students from low-income backgrounds get into college, graduate from college, and go far in life. Our vision is to dramatically transform urban communities by producing thousands of new career-ready college graduates. Bottom Line focuses on students who have the desire and potential to earn a degree, but lack the support structures necessary to navigate the college application process, make a responsible school choice, succeed in college, and prepare for a meaningful career.
About the Position: The primary responsibility of the College Success Advisor in the Massachusetts region is to support a caseload of approximately 85 college students at 2 to 3 college campuses. The Success Advisor provides one-on-one academic, financial, personal, and career guidance, and tracks and records student progress in our database using both quantitative and qualitative data. *Bottom Line’s Worcester Office will be closing in the late spring/early summer of 2019 and roles there will be moved to our Jamaica Plain Office. The person hired for this role would be signing on through this date, with the option to move to the Jamaica Plain Office at that time.
- Bachelor’s degree and work authorization
- 1 – 2 years of related work experience
- Experience developing trusting relationships with students, and coaching them toward goals
- Demonstrated proficiency and/or growth potential in core competencies: Relationships, Results, Communication, Inclusiveness, Talent Development, Agility, and Planning
- Preferred: Fluency in language other than English a plus
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car strongly preferred
Estimated Salary: Mid-high $30Ks