Fields: communications, arts, education, advocacy, outreach
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: CAE’s mission is to ensure that all NYC public school students receive quality arts instruction as part of their pre-K – 12 education. Since 1996, CAE has implemented sustainable arts programs in New York City public schools; provided high-quality professional development; advocated for improvements in arts education; fostered partnerships among schools and cultural organizations; opened doors for high school students exploring careers in the creative industries; and created programs to engage parents and families in their school community.
About the Position: CAE seeks a part-time Social Digital Content Intern to organize, create and manage written, photo and video content for digital platforms including social media, email, and website. Success in this role requires experience in and enthusiasm for producing content for social and digital platforms, ability to work independently, an interest in arts education, and a passion for excellence. CAE offers interns an opportunity for professional learning, developing workplace skills and gaining knowledge. Job Location: 266 West 37th Street, 9th Floor, New York, New York 10018 (near Port Authority, Penn Station and multiple subway and bus lines)
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Successful candidates will be interested in arts education, advocacy and community engagement, business development, data collection and analysis, research and workplace administration.
- Attend/recent graduate of an institution of learning which issues degrees, diplomas or certificates
- Comfort with videography and photography
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Prior successful work or intern experience in an academic or business setting
- Excellent design, social media, research, organization, written, oral, and keyboarding skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team and willingness to learn
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: Not given
Center for Arts Education