Fields: fundraising, social work, faith, communications, children
About the Organization: DC127 is a local initiative that unites churches around the foster care system in Washington, DC. We recruit and support foster and adoptive homes and empower churches to care for vulnerable families who are at risk of being separated by foster care. DC127 has a small professional team with a large volunteer network, all dedicated to mobilizing the churches of Washington, DC around some of the most vulnerable children in our city.
About the Position: We are currently seeking a Development and Operations Assistant to provide administrative assistance to our Executive Director and future Development Coordinator around DC127’s organizational operations and fundraising efforts. They will also monitor and upkeep the organization’s donor and volunteer databases. This role will report directly to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position based in DC127’s office and is 15 hours a week with an hourly pay of $17 per hour. Employment contingent on successful completion of background checks.
● Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Development Coordinator:
○ Assist with administrative tasks related to grant and foundation applications
○ Assist with logistics around fundraising events, campaigns, and projects
○ Assist with mass communications, including setting up Mailchimp email campaigns, helping to coordinate social media elements of a campaign, updating the website during campaigns
● Manage grassroot donor recognition and appreciation
● Assist the Executive Director in managing the organization’s financial records
● Assist with an upcoming database transfer and then ensure the donor and volunteer database are working smoothly, run donor reports, work with database support teams to fix glitches
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The right person for this job will be highly organized, be able to take ownership over projects, and pay high attention to details. They will also need to be able to take initiative in managing and completing tasks.
Strong commitment to Christ
● Ability to write on a professional level
● Ability to take initiative and ownership on projects, often working independently with minimal supervision
● Experience in administrative support and keeping self and others organized
● Ability to attend some events on nights and weekends
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Willingness and ability to learn new programs and software – experience in WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Suite and Salesforce a plus
● Employment contingent on successful completion of background checks
Estimated Salary: $17/hour (15 hrs/wk) + benefits (assistance with health insurance, dental insurance, and contributions towards retirement funds)
Deadline: ASAP, interviews start September 4, 2018
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Interviews will begin September 4th. If you were referred to this position by someone else, you can list their name in your introductory email.