Fields: women’s rights, outreach, politics, campaigns, social justice
Location: Missoula, Montana
About the Organization: Montana Women Vote (MWV) is a statewide coalition working to engage and mobilize low-income women and their allies as informed voters, policy advocates, and community leaders. We work on issues including economic justice, health care reform, voter rights, and reproductive justice. We believe that civic action, policy change, and leadership development can together shift the balance of power and improve the lives of low-income women and families in Montana. Our work includes voter registration and engagement, field campaigns, policy advocacy, and leadership development.
About the Position: MWV is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to work alongside the Program Director to create, manage, and evaluate program and organizational work. The position is based in Missoula (preferred) or Helena.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We’re seeking candidates who will excel at building relationships with a wide variety of people, from organizational partners to community leaders to volunteers. The ideal candidate has an understanding of structural change, racial equity, and social justice; a creative thinker; and an effective team member. Everyone interested in our political system, women’s issues, and civic engagement is encouraged to apply. This position will help you build a wide-range of skills and provides the opportunity to bring unlikely and disenfranchised women voters into the democratic process.
- 1-3 years of organizing experience, social justice organizing preferred – Recruiting, managing, and retaining volunteers and leaders.
- Self-directed – comfortable setting own work plan and achieving goals – Strong organizational skills and ability to work efficiently.
- Social media and basic computer skills, VAN experience preferred.
- Comfortable having one-on-one conversations in a variety of settings.
- Available to work some nights and weekends and travel as needed.
Estimated Salary: $28,000 – $32,000 + benefits
Deadline: August 27, 2018
Montana Women Vote