Fields: law, immigrants, refugees, outreach, advocacy
Location: Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona
About the Organization: The Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project is the only non-profit organization providing free legal services and social services to the approximately 4,000 men, women, and unaccompanied children detained in Arizona on any given day for immigration removal proceedings. The Project was founded in 1989 and is currently based in Florence, Phoenix, and Tucson. The Project is nationally known for providing high quality legal services and supports initiatives for national change in immigration law and policy.
About the Position: The Florence Project seeks a Community Engagement Coordinator, to assist the Project with raising awareness and to support our programs. The Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Development & Research Director and in partnership with the Communications Coordinator and Development Assistant. The position may be based in our Phoenix or Tucson office, with regular travel to other Project offices. This position is contingent on funding. The main duties of the Community Engagement Coordinator are (in addition to other related tasks):
Outreach & Event Coordination
- Develop and update outreach documents and resources as needed.
- Identify and schedule community outreach opportunities, to generate support for the Project.
- Present to community, school, and religious groups about the Project’s work, and recruit staff and volunteers to present, as well.
- Develop and maintain a faith-based outreach program under the supervision of the Development & Research Director.
- Sustain a “point of entry” event program for new and prospective donors under the supervision of the Development & Research Director.
- Work with staff to coordinate Project participation in outreach events.
- Collaborate with advocacy partners and community groups as appropriate.
- Assist with tracking the effectiveness of outreach efforts and fundraising goals (where applicable).
- Proactively collect and write client testimonials and collect photos, and prepare program updates on an ongoing basis.
- Draft newsletter articles and content for reports.
- Create educational pamphlets (print or online) for professionals and the general public.
- Create other documents as requested by the Executive Director the Development & Research Director
- Assist the department with the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Communicate with designers and vendors for materials.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or comparable experience required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in non-profit communications, marketing, fundraising, or project planning experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish is required.
- Must have outstanding communication and writing skills.
- We seek individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative, high volume, and energetic work environment, who are flexible team players, with a sense of humor.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks, show initiative, and problem solve creatively; Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail, and be able to complete tasks independently and also work as a team.
- Must have ardent support for the Project’s mission and a commitment to immigrant rights. Background in social justice or immigrant/refugee rights movements or organizations is a plus.
- Experience with marketing, social media, graphic design, videography, or photography is a plus.
- Occasional travel throughout the state is required, with regular travel between Project offices. Must have reliable transportation.
Estimated Salary: $36,000 + benefits
Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project