Fields: social justice, public interest, policy, communications, government
Location: Oakland, California
About the Organization:
The Participatory Budgeting Project, Inc. (PBP), a nonprofit organization based in New York City and Oakland, is seeking a part-time communications intern for Fall 2018. We empower people to make informed, democratic, and fair decisions about public spending and revenue. We work with elected officials, government agencies, and community groups in the US and Canada to set up participatory budgeting (PB) processes that give local people real power over taxpayer money.
About the Position:
The intern will assist with communications for PBP. The internship is ideal for talented individuals eager to explore the potential of participatory democracy, further their communications, social media, and marketing skills, and gain professional experience with a growing nonprofit organization. The intern will work with us in Oakland, California for at least 15 hours per week, starting in September and ending in December.
- Strong interest in social justice and participatory democracy
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Experience or interest working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience working with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and WordPress
- Experience working with (or interest in learning) MeetEdgar, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and Doubleclick Campaign Manager
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Estimated Salary: $13.23/hr, the internship may lead to further paid work depending on the intern’s performance and available resources.
Deadline: August 23, 2018
Participatory Budgeting Project