Fields: sustainability, climate change, social enterprise, economics, outreach
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the Organization: The Alliance Center is helping to create a world where our communities are inclusive, our democracy is strong, our economy thrives, and our planet is healthy. Our goals are to decrease GHG emissions, increase the number of environmentally and socially responsible businesses and deepen their positive impact, and diversify the sustainability movement in Colorado.
About the Position: As a Programs Intern, you will have the opportunity to support this vision through work in three programmatic impact areas: Environment, Economy, and Communities. Working under the close supervision from the Director of Programs, the Programs Intern is responsible for providing programmatic, communications, and administrative support for our Climate Initiatives, Best for Colorado Program, and Communities (civic engagement) program doing research, data gathering, community-building, outreach, and event support (including logistics and event metrics). The Alliance Center offers a flexible work schedule that can fit the intern’s needs. The duration of the internship is six months, 25-35 hours weekly, with the potential for extension or the opportunity to grow into a full-time benefited position.
- Research skills, exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Spanish language a plus but not required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent follow-through
- Enthusiastic interest in sustainability concepts and social impact
- Technically savvy; Detail oriented, skilled at writing and proofing communications and ensuring accuracy in data
- Open minded and optimistic team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor is a must
Estimated Salary: $10-15/hour
Deadline: August 20, 2018