Fields: peacebuilding, international relations, Middle East, research, Arabic
About the Organization: The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is America’s nonpartisan institute to promote national security and global stability by reducing violent conflicts abroad.
About the Position: Generate content for websites, including drafting original pieces for publication. Solicit contributions, conduct interviews, and edit content. Conduct research on relevant topics. Finance/budget and travel support and event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations required, major in Middle East studies preferred;
- Strong working knowledge of the Middle East required, with demonstrated enthusiasm for subject matter. Knowledge of the full cast of characters in the region.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required.
- 1 year related business or administrative experience; experience organizing conferences/meetings preferred;
- Knowledge of Arabic preferred.
- Familiarity with Lexis-Nexis, and online content management programs required; knowledge of HTML preferred.
Estimated Salary: $45,000 – $47,000
Deadline: Not given / Until filled
United States Institute of Peace