Fields: communications, social justice, Jewish, faith, startup
About the Organization: The Jewish Social Justice Roundtable is a network of 57 Jewish organizations working to elevate social justice to the center of Jewish life and to advance an explicitly Jewish framework in the pursuit of social justice. The Roundtable builds strategic collaborations to advance social justice. By coordinating on issues and building long-term partnerships, we have a greater impact collectively than each organization has individually. As a result, social justice is an emerging and strong pillar of Jewish life in the 21st century.
About the Position: The Roundtable is seeking a Staff Assistant to provide critical support for all aspects of the Roundtable’s work. This position provides the opportunity to work with dozens of Jewish social justice organizations across the country to inspire collaborations and build internal capacities across the field. The Staff Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support for Roundtable. Responsibilities may include communication and coordination with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. This position may also provide basic office management support. This is a part-time position. Schedule is up to 3 days (15-20 hours) per week. Flexible schedule, but would need a commitment to mutually agreed upon work days. The position is based in Washington, DC and requires occasional overnight travel for meetings in other cities, and occasional weeknight commitments.
- Administrative support:
- Support the functionality of our organization through processing check requests and receipts, scheduling meetings among various stakeholders, and coordinating travel for participants of our programs
- Coordinate logistics for Roundtable meetings and Network gatherings, including identifying locations, ordering food, preparing materials, managing technological needs, and welcoming participants
- Manage the annual membership process, which currently involves tracking dues and may involve managing an updated application and orientation process, depending on results from the strategic planning process
- Provide scheduling assistance to the Roundtable Director, and to various Roundtable committees
- Draft, revise and edit written and/or web material about Jewish social justice
- Compile monthly job roundups
- Help manage webinars and video calls for the Roundtable by taking notes, welcoming participants, and making sure the technology runs smoothly
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy: Ability to track multiple projects simultaneously and set your own goals; excellent time management and organization skills. Follow through is essential in a lean operation like the Roundtable. Ensuring balls don’t get dropped by creating and updating effective timelines/deadlines for you and the organization is critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable in a fluid, changing professional environment;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Preferred: A commitment to social justice. Prior Jewish social justice organizational work (paid or volunteering) and general knowledge of our field is a plus but not required
- Experience with racial equity principles and analysis is a plus
- Experience with Google platforms (Gmail, Drive, Docs, etc.) and Zoom or other webinar platforms
- 1-3 years of professional or volunteer experience related to this position
Estimated Salary: $20-24/hour, appropriate to experience
Deadline: ASAP, position available immediately
Jewish Social Justice Roundtable