Fields: media, communications, civil society, Islam, social justice
Location: NYC, Remote
About the Organization: Pillars invests in opportunities to elevate and amplify the leadership, narratives and talents of American Muslims in civil society, the media and public discourse. Through our funding programs, campaigns and initiatives, we support a robust and growing nonprofit sector. We aspire to put an end to bigotry, xenophobia and other divisive tactics that keep our nation from coming together. Inspired by the American ideal “out of many, one,” we strive for unity without uniformity and a society that prospers and leads through diversity. Since our founding in 2010, Pillars has invested more than $2 million in opportunities for American Muslims to tell their own stories, become leaders, and fight bias through the media, arts, public discourse and civil society.
About the Position: The Digital Media Coordinator will play an active role in the development of Pillars’ online community and presence. Under the supervision of the Senior Digital Media Strategist, the coordinator will engage audiences on various social media platforms by curating, creating and publishing content that uplifts the work of the organization and its grantees, and enlightens audiences about news, issues and insights relevant to American Muslims.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Pillars seeks candidates who are highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong communicators capable of working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written communication skills; Excellent editing skills
- A strong familiarity with issues relevant to American Muslims and a passion for social justice
- Working knowledge of the media landscape, from mainstream to alternative outlets
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; Experience with social media analytics
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator
- Video editing proficiency and knowledge of Premiere, a plus
- NYC strongly preferred
Estimated Salary: $30-35 per hour, 20 hours/week.
Deadline: ASAP / Not Given