Fields: education, sustainability, environment, climate change, urban planning
Location: Moscow, Idaho
About the Organization: A student-led and student-funded organization, the Sustainability Center supports efforts to create an active culture of sustainability. We are committed to developing and maintaining healthful, educational living environments while fully integrating sustainable practices at the University of Idaho. Sustainability involves reorganizing our life support systems: climate, energy, biodiversity, food, consumerism and consumption, waste, water, transportation and built environment. We do this through projects that reduce our environmental footprint and increase participation and collaboration among students, faculty, staff and community members in addressing sustainability-related issues.
About the Position: The coordinator will work with the office’s current full time staff and in collaboration with students and colleagues across the university to advance the Sustainability Center’s mission, vision, and goals. This position will play an important role in mentoring student leaders throughout the process of planning, coordinating, and implementing student engagement activities, as well as, administrative support responsibilities, and other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Sustainability Center Director.
- Bachelors degree OR 3 years of directly related experience.
- Knowledge and technical skills in one or more sustainability issue areas including: climate change, renewable energy, water conservation, biodiversity, food systems, consumerism and consumption, waste minimization, recycling, alternative transportation, and other related areas.
- Experience with student engagement, service learning, or volunteering activities.
- Experience in planning, implementing, and managing sustainability related events.
- Willingness to work odd hours and weekends; Ability to begin work at 7:00 a.m. on Monday or Tuesday mornings for student staff meetings.
- BS in Environmental Science or a related field.
- Experience working with and mentoring students within a university setting;
- Experience supervising students.
- Experience writing, editing and developing marketing materials for electronic, print and social media.
- Experience with hiring practices.
- Ability to present to college classes.
- Ability to calculate cost and carbon savings
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Banner Finance software.
Estimated Salary: $16.76 – $20.95 /hour + benefits
Deadline: August 26, 2018
University of Idaho