Fields: media, communications, civil society, healthcare, policy
Location: DC or Minneapolis, Minnesota
About the Organization: The mission of United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. A new non-partisan non-profit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone. United States of Care will help make it happen by working with Americans from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders.
About the Position: Enthusiastic and flexible, the Public Affairs Assistant will play a critical role in executing strategy for the public affairs team, which will include include drafting press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and blog posts. S/he will also assist with website management, basic research, and general content generation.
- Ideal applicants will have experience in media, communications, federal government, public policy or advocacy campaigns. Exposure to relevant content, through work on Capitol Hill, within the executive branch, political campaigns, or in-state/district offices, is preferred.
- A strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing public affairs operation;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Meticulous attention to detail and superb writing and proofreading skills;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and execute with minimal guidance;
- Located in either Minneapolis, MN, or Washington, DC;
- A proficient knowledge of any of the following: Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), MailChimp, WordPress, Google Analytics. Hootsuite is not a requirement, but a plus;
- Basic understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media a plus.
Estimated Salary: Starting at $40,000 annually, may be higher based on qualifications
Deadline: ASAP / Not Given
United States of Care