Fields: education, children, social justice, poverty, social work
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
About the Organization: Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a research based curriculum, Jumpstart children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed!
About the Position: The Program Coordinator ensures Jumpstart programs are fully compliant with various state, federal, and local requirements, and ensures operations of programs run smoothly. The role manages operational and administrative duties supporting a cohort of Jumpstart members, some of whom serve as part-time AmeriCorps members. This position is part of a national team but works locally.
- Associate’s degree with at least 2 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and manage projects at a high capacity in order to meet deadlines and standards
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use tracking systems and databases
- Professional and positive manner
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values: learning, connection, determination, joy and kindness
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned locations/sites as necessary
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work preferred
Estimated Salary: $20.20/hour for a 40 hour work week, $42,000 annualized + benefits
Deadline: Not given / ASAP