Fields: communications, media, journalism, sustainability, marketing
Location: Portland, Oregon
About the Organization: C+C is a communications agency with offices in Portland, Seattle and Boston. At C+C we are “All About The Good.” We work with clients that positively impact their communities by inspiring people to choose energy-efficient LEDs; opt for sustainable seafood; be safer on the road; take public transit; save water; recycle; compost; protect shorelines; choose a safe sex plan; and carpool, and that’s just some of our work. Our teams work at the local, regional and national level, helping to develop and promote some of the most innovative and recognizable sustainability efforts in the nation. Along with executing top-notch social marketing and media relations campaigns, we also have expertise in video, creative services, social media, multicultural strategy, and branding.
About the Position: C+C is looking for a highly motivated and resourceful intern to provide support with a variety of PR and marketing accounts. As an intern, you’ll get full exposure to daily life in a communications agency. We are looking to hire an intern for a full-time non-exempt position, 40 hours per week for three months, with a possible three-month extension, starting in September 2018. You will work with the team to gain experience in the following:
- WRITING, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND RESEARCH
- Drafting copy for social media, a media pitch, a compelling blog post, or other various writing tasks
- Providing support to execute social media campaigns
- Providing ideas during a brainstorm
- Researching a variety of topics to glean key insights and shape campaigns
- MEDIA RELATIONS AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH
- Developing a media list
- Tracking media coverage
- Supporting on media pitching
- Staffing a community outreach event (could be during an evening or weekend)
- Keeping stock of office and kitchen supplies
- Running errands for project support
- Taking notes during a meeting
- IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A four-year degree
- Proven writing skills (a writing test will be required for this position!)
- An ability to multi-task, work independently, and be self-directed
- An understanding of basic marketing and media relations concepts. An understanding of the journalism industry is a plus!
- A strong grasp of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- An ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Flexibility and willingness to perform tasks both large and small
- WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
- You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful.
- You sincerely care about our clients’ issues.
- You are ego-free.
- You’re flexible, positive, proactive and results-oriented.
- You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!).
- You have a sense of humor.
- You’re kind.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: Not given / ASAP