Fields: sustainability, food justice, poverty, outreach,
Location: Red Bank, New Jersey
About the Organization: Move For Hunger is a non-profit organization that mobilizes the relocation industry to fight hunger and reduce food waste. Founded in 2009, the hunger-relief organization works with companies across North America to collect unwanted, unopened food from people who are relocating and deliver it to local food banks. To date, their network has delivered nearly 10,000,000 pounds of food to food pantries across North America.
About the Position: Move For Hunger is seeking a candidate who is eager to learn and grow within an organization. This person will directly support our Programming Team and report to the Program Manager. The core responsibility of the Program Coordinator will be to assist with the management of Move For Hunger’s Multi-Family program, which includes corporate housing and apartment communities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about sustainability, food waste, and hunger relief to join our growing team at Move For Hunger. See the social impact of your labor and make an incredible difference in the problem of hunger affecting N. America.
· Energetic, enthusiastic, and friendly personality
· Self-starter with the desire and ability to work with little supervision
· Problem-solver with the ability to prioritize and manage change
· Articulate written and verbal communication; Extremely comfortable with talking on the phone and presenting at conferences
· Incredibly organized, detail oriented, and someone who enjoys optimizing processes
· Someone who relates well to others and can build deep rapport quickly within the Multi-Family industry
BONUS IF YOU:
· Have a working knowledge of SalesForce
· Have worked within the hospitality industry
Estimated Salary: $32,000 – $35,000
Move For Hunger