Fields: youth, social services, fundraising, mental health, social work
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: NW Children’s Foundation works to end the cycle of child abuse and neglect. We are a public foundation founded in 1985 and are engaged in grantmaking, educational outreach and fundraising. Our grantmaking is focused on prevention, intervention and treatment programs in three specific areas: healing child abuse and neglect, helping at-risk youth and strengthening fragile families. Our educational outreach seeks to raise awareness and deliver information, and to facilitate and catalyze community efforts to improve child welfare.
About the Position: NWCF seeks a highly organized, flexible and energetic individual with excellent people skills to join our team. The Development & Operations Assistant provides primary office support for a dynamic organization with a small staff (currently 8) and a board of 25-35 members. This position is involved in most aspects of operations, including duties related to gift entry and database management, special events coordination and publications. NWCF relies on the individual in this position to serve as its primary receptionist and office manager. This is a full-time position, and supports other employees at NWCF. This position will handle details of a confidential nature.
• Excellent computer skills, especially in database usage. Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word (mail merge), Excel (page layout, formulas and merges) and relational databases (building and pulling reports) is required.
• Experience in fundraising and/or auction software and WordPress is desirable.
• Excellent customer service skills; Excellent verbal and written skills (especially on the telephone and in written business correspondence).
• Ability to pay attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
• Be a self-starter with an ability to multi-task and work with regular interruptions.
Estimated Salary: $34,000-$36,000 + Benefits allowance (equal to $6,600) and 3 weeks PTO per year
Deadline: August 24, 2018
Northwest Children’s Foundation