Fields: healthcare, international development, poverty, faith, Guatemala
Location: Houston, Texas
About the Organization: Faith In Practice is committed to serving the poor of Guatemala through short-term medical mission trips that take an integrated approach to care that strives to reach those in the greatest need. Each year, more than 1,200 medical professionals and support personnel from across the United States and world travel to Guatemala, paying their own direct expenses to serve the poor through Faith In Practice. Each year, nearly 900 Guatemalan volunteers work beside our volunteers in this endeavor. Faith In Practice teams see more than 25,000 patients annually. Our volunteers serve through a variety of teams that are connected, providing a continuity of care in the context of short-term medical mission.
About the Position: The Database Assistant provides comprehensive support to the Fundraising & Communications Team and to the organization as a whole. This person is responsible for maintaining clean and accurate data in Salesforce, the organization’s database, and assists in troubleshooting integration with third-party apps, including Classy, the peer-to-peer fundraising platform, and MailChimp. The Database Assistant is also responsible for pulling mailing lists and prospect reports, as well as executing data entry and supporting database management. This person also provides technical support internally with AV equipment
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Experience with data entry and database management required; experience with SalesForce a plus.
Estimated Salary: Annual salary in the high 30,000’s, DOE.
Deadline: Not given
Faith In Practice