Fields: urban planning, labor, politics, campaigns, job training
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national organization working to ensure that public investment in transportation in cleaner, more efficient transit systems supports quality American manufacturing jobs, and generates career opportunities for historically underrepresented workers in the industry, as well as those facing barriers to employment.
About the Position: Jobs to Move America New York (JMA-NY) is seeking a Strategic Campaigner/Researcher in New York City to work with the New York Campaign Director and Community Organizer on JMA-NY’s Transparency, Accountability, Opportunity Campaign. This position is available starting October 1st.
- Familiarity with a variety of research methods including experience reviewing voluminous public documents for patterns/information pertinent to a labor/worker center organizing drive.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to explain highly technical information to a nontechnical audience.
- Proven expertise with Excel and/or other spreadsheet programs.
- Must be able to understand and describe the behavior of business organizations, financial institutions, and/or other large, complex institutions from the perspective of working people.
- Must be familiar with New York State politics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of constituencies including elected officials, agency staff, and members of the public.
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities, collaborate as part of a team, and work in a deadline driven environment.
Demonstrated success requesting and obtaining public records in NY State under FOIL and/or FOIA.
EXTRA CONSIDERATION will be given for candidates who:
- Identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons and/or have had experience working with more than one of those groups.
- Have experience working in the labor movement.
- Have experience working as a community organizer.
- Fluent speaking a language other than English.
- Have experience with a workforce-reentry and/or pre-apprenticeship program.
Estimated Salary: $48,000 – $54,000 + benefits
Deadline: ASAP / Not Given
Jobs to Move America – NY