Fields: reproductive rights, women’s rights, international development, health, fundraising
About the Organization: MSI-US promotes Marie Stopes International’s mission to provide sexual and reproductive healthcare to millions of underserved women around the world and works to advance international reproductive health and rights within this context. MSI-US raises funds from individuals and organizations in the United States to help vulnerable women and girls in 37 countries worldwide decide if and when to have children through access to contraception and safe abortion. This is an especially pressing task following President Trump’s reinstatement of the Global Gag Rule.
About the Position: The Development Intern – Individual Philanthropy will assist the Individual Philanthropy team with donor engagement, prospect research, event planning and other administrative tasks as assigned to increase funding from individuals and build a robust base of support within the United States.
• Enthusiasm and passion for MSI’s mission
• Experience and/or interest in fundraising and donor development
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and with a team while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude, flexibility and eagerness to learn
Estimated Salary: $13.25/hr
Marie Stopes International-US