Fields: healthcare, outreach, mental health, disabilities, social services
Location: Flexible, California
About the Organization: Harbage Consulting is a health policy and communications firm based in Sacramento, CA. We are working with the State of California to conduct outreach for a new health care initiative, the Health Homes Program. This new program provides enhanced case management and care coordination to eligible Medi-Cal beneficiaries with multiple chronic conditions and/or severe mental illness. This is a contract position through September 2019 with the potential for extension.
About the Position: Outreach Specialists are in the field talking to people who are impacted by the Health Homes Program. Your job is to help educate various stakeholders — health care providers, clinic staff, eligible patients, social service agencies and community-based organizations — about this new health care program and provide information and resources. You will be responsible for identifying the appropriate contacts, meeting with various stakeholders, and determining what type of resources and support they may need to help implement the Health Homes Program. Remote position: works primarily in Southern California (Riverside, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles counties and may expand into other counties)
• A commitment to understanding and improving the health care system
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience as a field organizer, outreach coordinator, community organizer, or other similar positions (internships also considered)
• Ability to work long hours—flexibility is required, occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary
• Strong public speaking skills and the ability to quickly answer questions on your feet.
• Ability to communicate effectively by phone, through emails, and in-person to individuals and large audiences
• Ability to work with minimum direct supervision
• Ability to travel to and from events being conducted by Harbage Consulting on a county or statewide basis, including transport of materials necessary for outreach and/or the event (including but not limited to boxes of flyers, documents, and presentation materials)
Preference will be given to those who:
• Have experience engaging and/or educating providers and other health care stakeholders
• Have experience with or knowledge about the health care system—in a personal or professional capacity
• Have worked with community-based organizations
• Have experience with Medi-Cal or other public and safety-net programs
• Are fluent in Spanish or another language
Estimated Salary: $30-$40/hour
Deadline: Until filled. Tentative start date September 2018.