Fields: refugees, women’s rights, social work, housing, job training
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
About the Organization: Asylee Women Enterprise is a 501 (c) 3 with a mission to proivde housing, community and companionship to men, women and children seeking asylum and other forms of legal relief. We are the largest housing provider for asylum seekers in the Mid-Atlantic. AWE began in 2011 and has quickly grown to serve more than 100 individuals through one or more of our services: Housing, Employment & Education Programs, Hospitality Hours, and Companionship. Our model uses a strengths-based approach coupled with a community building focus.
About the Position: We are looking for a social worker to provide case management and advocate for our community members.
• Bachelor’s of Social Work required, MSW preferred;
• Experience providing case management services to immigrants, refugees or asylum seekers;
• Experience working with low-income immigrant populations and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, or other forms of gender-based violence;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize client needs and grant requirements;
• Eligible for LBSW or LGSW;
• Experience working in a grant funded program;
• Strong social work documentation skills;
• Second language required (preferably French, Spanish, or Arabic), a language assessment will be administered; and
• We encourage applications from people of color, women, and members of immigrant communities.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000. Three weeks paid vacation. Health, vision and dental insurance. Possibile work from home one day per week.
Deadline: August 3, 2018
Asylee Women Enterprise