Fields: reproductive rights, abortion, fundraising, communications, outreach
Location: San Leandro, California
About the Organization: All-Options, formerly Backline, uses direct service and social change strategies to promote unconditional, judgment-free support for people in all of their decisions, feelings, and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption. We recognize that these issues are complex, but one thing is certain: Everyone deserves to have all options. All-Options imagines a future where all people are supported in making the reproductive decisions that are best for their lives, without coercion or limitation, and where the dignity of lived experiences is affirmed and honored.
About the Position: The National Engagement Associate (NEA) is a new position providing integral support for fundraising, communications, and general operations at All-Options.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We are looking for a National Engagement Associate who is passionate about reproductive justice, wants to build their fundraising and communications skills, and understands the importance of strong systems and data collection for making an organization run effectively. The ideal candidate is responsible, highly organized yet flexible, pays attention to the smallest details, and knows when to ask for help while also being able to work independently. Must be able to hold confidential information and function effectively in a nationally distributed and virtually connected organization. While no candidate will possess every qualification, the following are highly desired:
• At least 1 year of full time work in a fundraising or communications support role
• Demonstrated proficiency with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), ideally with prior experience managing accounts for groups or organizations
• Experience with gift processing and donor database maintenance, or prior experience keeping clean, detailed records
• Meticulous attention to detail with both text and numbers
• Strong writing skills and ability to quickly learn the All-Options voice; experience creating original content, such as emails to supporters, blog posts, and website copy is a plus
• Professional and friendly communication skills in person, by phone, and online
• Proficiency with Mac computers, Google Drive and Gmail, and databases such as NeonCRM; other tools we use include Asana, MailChimp, and Zoom
• Demonstrated commitment to social and reproductive justice
• Cultural awareness and humility; ability to build positive relationships with diverse people
• High level of emotional intelligence, compassion, sense of humor and fun, and capacity for self-reflection and self-improvement
We believe a diverse workforce is critical for reproductive justice and an asset to our organization. People who have experienced pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and/or adoption, people of color, people with disabilities, and those who identify as transgender, gender expansive, or queer are encouraged to apply.
Estimated Salary: $22-25/hour starting salary. Benefits include generous paid time off, a simple IRA retirement fund with employer match up to 3% of annual salary, and an employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account of $420/month.
Deadline: Rolling – Desired start date is early-to-mid-September
Apply Here: All-Options