Fields: women, research, data analysis, reproductive rights, statistics
About the Organization: The Center for American Progress is an independent nonpartisan policy institute that is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action. Our aim is not just to change the conversation, but to change the country.
About the Position: American Progress has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant for Women’s Health and Rights. The Research Assistant assists the Women’s Initiative team by providing research support as needed, primarily on topics related to women’s health, rights, and justice. Research on additional issues of women’s equality, from women’s leadership to women’s economic security, may also be needed. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible individual on whom the policy staff of the Women’s Initiative team can rely to work independently and deliver high-quality administrative and research support, including quantitative analysis. Successful research assistants demonstrate an ability to multitask, set priorities in a fast-paced environment, and manage important communication on behalf of the team. Successful research assistants have excellent research and organizational skills and pay careful attention to deadlines and follow-up communications. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with high-level policy professionals, both internally and externally, are important.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- One to two years of professional experience.
- Experience working on reproductive health and rights policy issues is a plus.
- Training or experience in one or more commonly used statistical software package, such as SAS, Stata, R, and Python is a plus.
- Passionate about reproductive justice and ensuring health care access for low-income women, women of color, and other groups of women too often excluded from the mainstream narrative because of factors such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, or disability.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
Estimated Salary: Minimum of $37,000 (This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.)
Deadline: Open until filled
Apply Here: Center for American Progress