Fields: agriculture, housing, government, data analysis, infrastructure
About the Organization: The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development Agency serves rural communities throughout the country by investing in their communities through housing and utility infrastructure, by increasing economic opportunity, and by improving the quality of life for all rural Americans. Rural Development provides over 40 loan and grant programs in the Rural Housing and Community Facilities Services, Rural Business and Cooperative Services, and Rural Utilities Service. Rural Development supports a positive work environment and promotes diversity and inclusion for nearly 5,000 employees.
Rural Development is a dynamic organization recruiting for employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those in rural communities and will enjoy working in a fast paced and results driven organization. Our commitment is to expand economic opportunity and quality of life in all of rural America by providing financial programs to support essential public facilities and services such as water and sewer systems, housing, health clinics, emergency service facilities and electric and telephone service.
About the Position: Position is that of a Student Trainee who carries out increasingly complex responsibilities to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform a full range of assignments related to Rural Development programs and the role of Management Analyst. Work schedule is flexible and can be negotiated to accommodate the Trainee’s school obligations.
The Student Trainee will perform a variety of duties and activities related to Rural Development’s Management Analyst programs in Single-Family Housing. Typical duties may include:
• Establishing and maintaining a variety of office records and files;
• Receives calls and visitors and based on knowledge of office functions refers to appropriate staff members;
• Researches files and reference material for information needed by office personnel;
• Utilizes personal computer, printers, scanners, etc. to perform office automation duties, which includes use of software packages, i.e. spreadsheets, word processing, electronic mail, calendar, power point, slideshows, access database, etc.;
• Must be 16 years of age.
• To be eligible for appointment to this position, the new hire must be cleared to come on board once the results of the fingerprint check, review of the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and the candidate’s Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP) entries have been reviewed and determined to be satisfactory. This position requires a favorable credit check as part of the background investigation.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Must be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution.
• Complete at least 640 hours of work experience prior to completion of degree.
• Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational institution.
• A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways each academic year while in the program.
• All requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
• Must be a US Citizen or lawfully admitted to US as a permanent resident.
• Student Trainees must serve a 2-year trial period.
Estimated Salary: $29,548 to $38,411 per year
Deadline: July 24, 2018
Apply Here: U.S. Department of Agriculture