Fields: education, policy, data-analysis, racial-justice, education
Location: Flexible, California
About the Organization: Californians for Justice is a statewide grassroots organization working for racial justice by building the power of youth, communities of color, immigrants, low-income families, and LGBTQ communities. Led by students, we organize to advance educational justice and improve our social, economic, and political conditions. CFJ is a unique and exciting organization. We are the only grassroots organization in California that organizes youth to have a voice in both local and statewide education policy.
About the Position: The Operations and Technology Associate is a full time, non-exempt position that will work with all four CFJ regions, report to the Operations and HR Manager, and work with the Senior Operations Director. The position can be located in any of CFJ’s four regional offices – Fresno, Long Beach, Oakland, or San Jose.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Required Qualifications
- At least one year of experience in administrative functions
- At least one year of experience administering technology systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with computers and applications
- Familiarity with G Suite (formerly Google Suite) –Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar
- Knowledge of Mac operating systems and software
- Tech savvy and a self-learner – able to identify what you don’t know and find the answer. Resourcefulness, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
- Self-starting and proactive
- Able to set up processes, systems, and workflows, ensure adherence and follow-up, and continually improve them
- Highly organized with respect to documentation, processes and physical spaces
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through. Able to prioritize workflow and to work plan to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to transfer knowledge and train others in the use of technology. Able to negotiate and maintain relationships with outside vendors & contractors. Able to work and support people from a variety of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, sexual, and gender backgrounds.
- Strong commitment to social justice, racial justice, and youth empowerment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Familiarity with other Quickbooks
- Familiarity with Salesforce, CRM systems, and/or project management software
- Familiarity with contracts, insurance, and risk management
- Experience tracking and reporting 501(c)(3) lobbying activities
Estimated Salary: Approximately $19-$23/hour (about $40,000 to $48,000/year), depending on experience and qualifications + 100% of monthly premiums for medical, vision, and dental coverage for staff and their dependents.
Apply Here: Californians for Justice