Fields: mentorship, community outreach, youth development, education, event programming
Location: Crystal City, Virginia
About the Organization: The mission of Urban Alliance is to break the cycle of poverty by preparing youth from under-resourced areas in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Chicago and Northern Virginia for a life of economic self-sufficiency through training, mentoring, and meaningful paid internships.
About the Position: The Program Coordinator supports a cohort of ~30 high school seniors in their professional development and post-high school planning, as well as their jobsite mentors. This position reports to the Northern Virginia Program Director and is based in Crystal City, VA, with frequent local travel across Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax. We are seeking a candidate who plans to dedicate a minimum of 2 years to this position. The ideal candidate is a creative individual with youth-serving experience, strong facilitation skills, relationship-building abilities, and an understanding of the current challenges facing young people in the region.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: · Bachelor’s Degree
· Youth development experience
· Strong facilitation skills
· Passionate about our mission and the possibilities of what youth can accomplish
· Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced areas
· Excellent oral/written communication, including mediation skills & direct and open conversations
· Can work both independently and collaboratively
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
Estimated Salary: Low- to mid-$40’s, commensurate with experience