Fields: mentorship, community outreach, youth development, education, event programming
Location: Crystal City, Virginia
About the Organization: The mission of Urban Alliance is to break the cycle of poverty by preparing youth from under-resourced areas in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Chicago and Northern Virginia for a life of economic self-sufficiency through training, mentoring, and meaningful paid internships.
About the Position: Urban Alliance is looking for a Program Coordinator to lead the High School Internship Preparatory Program (HIPP) in Fairfax, VA. This position reports to the Northern Virginia Program Director. The Northern Virginia office is located in Crystal City, and frequent local travel to Fairfax, Arlington, and Alexandria is required. The ideal candidate is a creative individual with youth-serving experience, strong facilitation skills, relationship-building abilities, and an understanding of the current challenges facing young people in the region.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: · Bachelor’s Degree
· Youth development experience
· Strong facilitation skills
· Passionate about our mission and the possibilities of what youth can accomplish
· Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced areas
· Excellent oral/written communication, including mediation skills & direct and open conversations
· Can work both independently and collaboratively
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
Estimated Salary: Low- to mid-$40’s, commensurate with experience