Fields: agriculture, policy, food systems, campaigns, sustainability
About the Organization: The National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition (NSAC) is an alliance of family farm, food, conservation, and rural organizations that together take common positions on federal agriculture and food policies, and support grassroots efforts to win long-term policy change.
About the Position: The Operations Coordinator, part of the administrative team, reports to NSAC’s Coalition Director. NSAC advocates on a wide range of federal farm and food policy issues, including research, conservation, food systems, farm programs, and food safety. The Operations Coordinator supports this work through a mix of membership services, administrative tasks, and project coordination.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: – An understanding of and passion for sustainable agriculture and food systems
– Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a changing environment
– Leadership in coordinating staff to meet task goals, identify operational needs
– Commitment to working collaboratively with a wide, diverse range of partners and colleagues
– An understanding of equity issues in the food and farm system
– Willingness to work around a demanding Congressional schedule and administrative deadlines
– Willingness to travel domestically 2-4 times a year
– Background with grassroots advocacy campaigns a plus
– Bilingual fluency in a language other than English (Spanish, Hmong, Creole, etc.) a plus
Bonus Qualifications – not required but each individual qualification adds value to your application
– Proficiency in WordPress
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
– Basic coding or web design experience
– Computer/technology troubleshooting skills
– Graphic design skills
– Videography and video editing
– Print quality photography experience
– Social media experience
– Experience using ArcGIS or similar programs
Estimated Salary: Salary is on a competitive non-profit scale, $50,000+, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.