Fields: food economy, agriculture, sustainability, strategic partnerships, marketing
Location: Deerfield, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Community Involved in Sustaining Agriculture (CISA) is a non-profit organization that strengthens farms and engages the community to build the local food economy. Our programs include the Be a Local Hero, Buy Locally Grown® business membership and marketing campaign, educational activities for the public, technical assistance trainings and workshops for farmers, and programs to expand market options for farmers and increase access to local food for all communities in our region.
About the Position: The Local Hero Program Associate supports the Local Hero staff in implementing the mission of the organization. The Program Associate coordinates activities related to enrollment, promotion, maintenance of Local Hero member relationships, and assists with planning logistics for technical assistance workshops. The Program Associate coordinates day-to-day activities for these programs, collaborates with the Program staff to set strategic goals for these programs, and supports development of new program strategies, areas, and activities.
Status: 30 Hours per week (75% FTE), through December 31, 2019
Time Frame: Review begins July 16, 2018, position open until filled
Special Requirements/Qualifications: – Excellent customer service;
– Ability to work with people of various backgrounds including government agency staff, university researchers, farmers, business owners, and community members;
– Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Spanish a plus;
– Comfort with details and experience with databases required;
– Networking, sales, and outreach experience;
– Bachelor’s degree preferred;
– Experience in the sustainable agriculture field or with local food businesses a plus;
– Commitment to CISA’s mission to strengthen farms and engage the community to build the local food economy.
– Access to a car and some weekend and evening availability are required.
Estimated Salary: $15-$17/hour
Deadline: Until Filled
Apply Here: https://www.buylocalfood.org/about/people/program/