Fields: housing, low-income, cooperatives, real estate
Details and Requirements:
Since 1973, the Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (UHAB) has been organizing low- and moderate-income tenants to fight poor living conditions in multi-family buildings neglected or abandoned by landlords. UHAB is seeking a Project Associate in our Co-op Preservation Department who is fluent in both English and Spanish. Coaching and on-the-job training will be available to fill skill gaps.
However, from the start, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are:
- fluent in both English and Spanish
- proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- able to:
- establish productive trust-based relationships with leaders and other residents of HDFC co-ops
- establish effective professional relationships with real estate professionals, particularly property managers, bank representatives, and government officials
- analyze and develop budgets in Excel
- research government regulations and legal documents and interpret them to concerned parties
- express themselves clearly and persuasively when speaking and in writing
Salary: Along with the annual salary starting at $35,976.90, UHAB offers an excellent benefits package, including health care, life insurance, a 403B, and a flexible spending account.