Fields: climate change, environment, research, policy, sustainability
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Deadline: July 24, 2018
Details and Requirements:
The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) is an independent national nonprofit whose scientists and engineers work to solve some of our planet’s most pressing environmental and safety problems.
UCS is in need of a detail-loving assistant:
- a great communicator
- a superb scheduler
- a thorough and attentive note-taker who will support the campaign team members on their important work on climate change.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience as an administrative, executive, or research assistant.
- Must be able to:
- work both independently and in teams
- interact professionally with senior scientists, U.S. and international policymakers and in sensitive matters.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills with diverse audiences and willingness to look at all work through the lens of racial justice and equity are a must.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
This is a full-time position based in UCS’s Cambridge, MA office. For those who meet all position requirements, the salary is $41,800. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment.