Fields: disabilities, youth, vocational rehabilitation, occupational therapy, social work
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Details and Requirements:
Boston Center for Independent Living was established by people with disabilities seeking full integration into society.
The Transition Internship Program Job Coach is a temporary part-time summer position supporting youth, ages 16-22 with disabilities to perform their work duties.
- Member of the population to be served or relevant independent living experience
- Prior experience working with or teaching youth with disabilities
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel throughout BCIL’s service area (driver’s license not necessary)
- Bi-lingual in language relevant to students
- Enrolled in or graduate of Associate’s or Bachelor’s program in a related field (e.g., social work, speech therapy, education, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, occupational therapy, or psychology)
Up to 25 hours per week (hours may vary week-to-week and will reduce toward the end of the summer)
Salary: $17.00 per hour