Fields: education, LGBTQ, health, policy, Latinos
About the Organization: The Cisneros Hispanic Leadership Institute was formed to support cohorts of scholars at GW and to produce innovative research on the Latino community. The LGBT Health Policy & Practice Graduate Certificate is a hybrid on-line, in-person graduate program focused on multidisciplinary approaches to health in LGBT communities.
About the Position: The GW Cisneros Hispanic Leadership Institute and LGBT Health Policy & Practice Graduate Certificate Program are seeking a program coordinator to support both programs. The program coordinator reports to the Directors and will be responsible for managing the administrative needs of both programs and Directors. The purpose of this position is to provide general administrative support to and on behalf of an academic program or initiative. This role will serve as a point of contact for the program, will answer typical program questions, and will assist the program staff with a variety of functional and administrative support. Support could include answering routine and complex inquiries, enrollment assistance, updating websites and list-servs, planning and executing events, scheduling rooms, ordering equipment, processing payments, data entry, preparing reports, and similar duties. Often these roles are tasked with outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. Typical duties often are administrative in nature including tasks that are routine, and under the general supervision of more senior personnel within the department, or program.
- High school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience OR a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Experience with Concur, Banner, Drupal, etc. or ability to gain quick proficiency
- Commitment to serving diverse groups and the interest and ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders: from students and families to faculty, board members, and donor; Diplomatic sensitivity: Ability to being tactful and exercise courtesy to maintain respectful relations between internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience with event planning and record management
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
Estimated Salary: $19.27 – $25.03/hour
Deadline: Until filled
George Washington University