Fields: youth, education, poverty, social work,
Location: Various, New York
About the Organization: FLIA cultivates the next generation of social sector leaders by placing fellows with youth organizations to work on youth program. The Fiver Children’s Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout New York City and central New York.
About the Position: You will spend most of your time working at Camp Fiver in Poolville, NY to revise, enhance and facilitate curricula, which focuses on understanding Fiver values and attributes, practicing self-reflection, and enhancing soft skills, for all Camp Fiver attendees. The first three weeks of your fellowship you will work in New York City and attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Chicago, IL from May 20-25, 2019 (expenses covered).
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Estimated Salary: $700/week
Deadline: March 24, 2019