Fields: Philanthropy , Community Development, nonprofits, social justice, Appalachia
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
About the Organization: Philanthropy West Virginia is a professional membership organization for grantmaking foundations, corporate giving programs, United Ways, philanthropists, and professional advisors who are based in and/or grantmaking in West Virginia.
About the Position: Philanthropy West Virginia’s Operations Assistant plays a critical role in the organization and advancement of its mission. The position is responsible for office management and support of the organization’s staff which is based in Morgantown, WV. The Operations Assistant works with and reports to the President & CEO and works with the Program & Engagement Coordinator, all staff, member organizations, board of directors, and committees.
- Minimum of an associates degree
- Preferred: 2 years of relevant work experience in the philanthropy and/or nonprofit sector. Members services and accounting experience is beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and online systems. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, Mail Chimp/Constant Contact, database management, and CRM software is helpful. Ability, willingness, and follow through to learn new software as required.
- Proficiency with data entry, website maintenance, and general administrative tasks. Experience and skills in scheduling and setting up for meeting logistics, trainings, events, and various forms of communications is helpful.
- Able to anticipate what needs to be done; demonstrates a strong sense of purpose and takes the initiative to follow through and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal skills: tactful and mature, allowing for effective interface with members, staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with the ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion as well as participate as an effective member of a small office team.
- Professional attitude and appearance. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional car travel may be necessary throughout West Virginia. Valid driver’s license with necessary insurance required. There might be occasional day and/or overnight travel within the organization’s service region or trainings programs nationally (no more than 2 to 4 times per year).
Estimated Salary: $25,000 – $30,000. Living wage in Morgantown is reported as $24,585.
Deadline: March 1, 2019