Fields: journalism, communications, design, correctional system, criminal justice
Location: Tucson, Arizona
About the Organization: AFSC-AZ is a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving social justice. The mission of the Tucson office is to reduce the size and scope of the criminal punishment system through policy-making, legislative advocacy, and media work.
About the Position: The Media Arts Intern for AFSC-AZ in Tucson will help produce short videos and the ReFraming Justice podcast, research topics and guests, transcribe interviews, and create graphics for use on social media and in organizational promotions. This internship is designed to provide the intern with valuable experience and transferable skills. 10 hours/week, 6 months.
- Base knowledge of design principles, typography, and color theory.
- Experience in graphic- or multimedia-design; prior video work is also a plus.
- Excellent transcription skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong desire to help achieve AFSC-AZ’s mission.
- Persons of colors and those formerly incarcerated or system-involved are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, 10 hours/week