Fields: communications, gender, health, sexual health, mental health
Location: Augusta, Maine
About the Organization: MECASA represents and serves Maine’s local sexual assault support centers and provides training, technical assistance, and support to a wide range of sexual violence-related partners and community members. Our efforts include initiating and advocating for victim-centered public policy; providing expert training, technical assistance, and resources for providers and partners; funding sexual assault service providers; and informing conversations about sexual violence.
About the Position: The Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MECASA) is seeking a team member to join our creative, supportive, and energetic office. The Communications Coordinator it a critical part of our team who guides the strategy for statewide messaging on sexual violence prevention and response, as well as communicates the work of Maine’s sexual violence service providers and MECASA.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of sexual violence victimization, prevention, and response
- Familiarity with Maine’s media landscape and best practices for effective media outreach, relationship building, and education; Demonstrated experience with new media platforms
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; Exceptional writing and proofreading skills
- Strong computer skills, including comfort with design software and familiarity with web design
- Proven ability to show initiative and creativity; Willingness to accept a challenge; Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Ability to create organizational systems and exhibit attention to detail; Comfort with and ability to multi‐task
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 based on tenure and experience, starting
Deadline: February 18, 2019
Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault