Fields: government, sustainability, environment, social services, education
Location: Kirkland, Washington
About the Organization: The Green Kirkland Partnership is an Alliance between the City of Kirkland, nonprofit partners, businesses and the community to restore more than 500 acres of naturals areas in the City.
About the Position: The Program Assistant position supports and assists with outreach, volunteer support, and data management for the Green Kirkland Partnership. The program assistant position provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers, tracks and reports on essential program data, promotes the program to diverse audiences, and supports our dedicated volunteers. This position offering is for a part-time, 0.5 FTE program assistant. Requires valid Washington State Driver’s License or the ability to secure a reasonable transportation accommodation to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. Work days may adjust with notice to the seasonal program needs: Options could be Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Saturday. Work schedule is 20 hours a week. Core work hours between: 8am – 5 pm.
- Must have 6 months experience working in education, recreation, environmental, social or leisure services… (experience working with volunteers is desirable).
- Must have 1 year experience in an administrative support position….
- Must have 2 years customer service experience…
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to work effectively with the staff, volunteers and the public, and manage multiple tasks. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, in person, via email and on the telephone. Flexibility; gets along with people of all ages and abilities, adapts to changing work assignments.
- Ability to complete detailed data entry, management, and reporting.
- Familiarity with natural resources restoration and stewardship best practices.
- **Preferred Qualifications**
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resources or similar field.
- Previous experience with Volunteer Programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of environmental stewardship and habitat restoration.
- Data management using Microsoft Excel and/or Access.
- Previous front counter experience in a Municipal or Park setting.
- Previous experience assisting with event planning and data collection.
Estimated Salary: $25.88 – $30.44/hour + pro-rated benefits
Deadline: January 25, 2019 5:00 PM
City of Kirkland, Washington