Fields: healthcare, policy, latinos, immigrants, racial justice
Location: Sacramento, California
About the Organization: The Latino Coalition for a Healthy California (LCHC) is the State’s leading policy organization advocating for the health of the Latino community in California. Over the past 25 years, LCHC has uplifted community voices at the Capitol and has achieved multiple policy victories that have protected and advanced health equity for Latinos and all Californians. Today, LCHC is multi-issue policy organization advocating for policies and programs that promote health equity and racial justice towards building healthy communities for all Californians. The Latino Coalition for a Healthy California is a project of the Tides Center.
About the Position: Implement grant deliverables for community programs, including Health Ambassador Leadership Program and Salud con Dignidad/Health with Dignity Program. Support Program Manager/Sr. Manager in program management and implementation; and in gathering information for grant reports. Coordinate events and regional trainings for community members and partner organizations; Coordinate in-person and online trainings with regional partners. Manage relationships with community partners and coalitions; Develop new strategic partnerships to advance LCHC’s mission. Track grant progress by regularly communicating with Program Manager/Sr. Manager and project partners.
- Familiarity with promoting social determinants of health, racial and health equity
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to present information in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships across diverse demographic groups
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years experience in program coordination preferred
Estimated Salary: $20-24/hour
Deadline: Until filled
Latino Coalition for a Healthy California