Fields: racial justice, education, consulting, arts, civic engagement
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
About the Organization: InSite’s work focuses on institutional change to impact equitable outcomes. We recognize the urgent need for institutions to remain accountable to their constituents, therefore building partnerships between institutions, organizers, community members and local leadership is foundational to our practice. We envision Arizona as a transformative place for racial equity practices resulting in multiracial, multi-class, multi-gendered, and multi-generational leadership and civic participation.
About the Position: InSite is currently looking for a thoughtful and committed person to support our local and national racial equity work. The apprentice supports the following: Coordinate meetings and facilitations; Acts as a thought-partner and provides feedback for curriculum; Leads key portions of facilitations and trainings; Provides social media and web support; Maintain administrative support for partners.
- Deep interest and commitment to racial diversity and equity
- Thoughtful and honest collaborator, not afraid to disagree
- Believes in teamwork and team-building
- Courageous voice
- Deep familiarity with issues social issues affecting POC, Queer, migrant, women
- High-proficiency with Microsoft Office, Social media, Google
- High-proficiency with research, lit-review, and summary analysis of discourse
- *Highly recommended:*
- Creative / Artistic capability
- Reflective and developed conflict resolution capability
- Observant and curious
If you are interested in racial equity, justice and institutional change, and would like to work with a supportive and dynamic team, please apply.
Estimated Salary: $15/hr, 10 hr/wk plus financial support to attend one conference of apprentice’s choosing during time with InSite.
Deadline: January 7, 2019
InSite Consultants Arizona