Fields: homeless, data analysis, math, computer science, statistics
Location: Anaheim, California
About the Organization: City Net is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that facilitates and leads multi-sector collaboratives to provide solutions to complex social problems, including ending homelessness in Orange County. City Net’s direct services in homelessness include street outreach, case management, facilitation of collaborative meetings, resource mobilization, trainings, and community organizing.
About the Position: The Data Analyst is a talented and motivated individual with a strong background in data analysis and management. They will lead the organization’s impact measurement and reporting systems, helping to translate data into impactful and compelling stories. The position involves working closely with case managers in the field, organizational leadership and customers to coordinate and manage the collection, analysis, and reporting of information used for outcome measurement, management dashboards, customer relations, and grants reporting. The position requires a highly organized, detail-oriented person comfortable with producing practical numbers and case studies relevant to a wide-range of users and audiences utilizing both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline
- Familiarity with or desire to work in homelessness or human services required
- Experience or desire to work in a fast-growing nonprofit/startup environment
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy; extremely motivated and results oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical packages for analyzing datasets and designing databases & spreadsheets (Excel, Access, Google Sheets, relational databases/related software); Coursework or experience in statistical analysis and/or Management Information Systems ideal but not required
- Knowledge of BI/data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.) or equivalent tool to create impactful reports, visualizations and interactive dashboards; Background or familiarity with HMIS (Homeless Management Information System), ArcGIS, Outreach Grid or related systems a plus
Estimated Salary: $18 – $20/hour
Deadline: Until filled / not given