Fields: social work, outreach, sexual health, reproductive rights, youth
Location: Smithtown, New York
About the Organization: “We aim to empower individuals to determine their own sexual health and reproductive futures”… Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic (PPHP) provides reproductive and sexual health care at 10 health centers in Suffolk, Westchester, and Rockland counties, New York. We help people get the services and information they need to prevent unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases while staying healthy. The Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) provides culturally appropriate group health education and referrals in order to promote and improve STD/HIV and pregnancy prevention practices among youth and young adults through age 10-21.
About the Position: The PREP Bilingual Benefits Specialist/Educator will provide individual entitlement screening, completion and recertification of Family Planning Benefits Program (FPBP) applications. S/he will educate and enroll benefits-eligible youth ages 10 – 21 at PPHP centers in Suffolk County to ensure they have access to family planning services to prevent pregnancies, STDs, and HIV/AIDS, as part of the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP). S/he will conduct outreach to promote FPBP across Suffolk County.
- Bachelor’s degree in health counseling, case management, or related education/social services field.
- 1 year experience in case management, reproductive healthcare, education/community outreach or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
- Skill in effective public presentations, community networking and targeted outreach.
- Good record keeping and time management skills. Ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently and work cooperatively with a diverse group.
- Knowledge of Medicaid screening desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of database programs including FileMaker and eCW a plus.
Estimated Salary: ~$39,000 annual + good benefits
Deadline: Until filled
Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic