Fields: social science, education, research, policy, communications
About the Organization: COSSA is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) organization serving as a united voice for more than 100 professional associations, scientific societies, research centers and institutes, and colleges and universities who care about a robust social and behavioral scientific research enterprise. We represent the collective science policy interests of all fields of social and behavioral science research, including but not limited to sociology, anthropology, political science, psychology, economics, statistics, language and linguistics, population studies, law, communications, educational research, criminology and criminal justice research, geography, history, and child development.
About the Position: The Staff Assistant will provide critical support to COSSA team members on a variety of activities and tasks. The primary functions of this position fall into two categories: (1) Administrative and Membership Support; and (2) Research and Policy Support. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and requires close collaboration with the entire team.
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Interest in promoting the social and behavioral sciences.
- Interest in being part of a small, dynamic, and collaborative team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years of similar professional experience.
- Familiarity with web-based communications platforms (e.g., Constant Contact and Word Press).
- Proficiency using social media platforms.
- Previous administrative, policy, or research experience.
Estimated Salary: $40,000-$45,000/year, exempt + benefits
Deadline: December 7, 2018
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com by December 7, 2018. Please no unsolicited calls or drop-ins.