Fields: public interest, environment, health, law, research
Location: Attleboro, Massachusetts
About the Organization: We are an independent consulting firm that specializes in promoting occupational and environmental health through scientific and historical research and analysis. Our client base includes community and labor groups and lawyers serving the public interest.
About the Position:
- Working independently and as part of a team to complete research.
- Preparing and assisting in the presentation of this research material nationwide, generally in cases where victims are suing corporations for causing their illnesses.
- Writing long and short pieces on the public health impacts and implications of various corporate actions for publication in leading environmental and occupational health journals and other venues.
- All candidates MUST be able and willing to travel frequently and work some weekends.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in history, environmental studies, medicine, health, and/or corporate accountability is helpful.
- Strong expository and opinion writing skills
- Progressive outlook on occupational health and medicine.
- An extensive science or health background is not required, but all candidates must be comfortable researching and writing on health and medical issues.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, an adaptive personality. and demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects.
- People of Color are encouraged to apply.
Estimated Salary: $15-20/hour to start; benefits (including vacation and health insurance) after 3 months.
Deadline: November 23, 2018
If interested: please send: Cover letter, Resume, Short writing sample. Direct all information to: Donna Barbarita firstname.lastname@example.org