Fields: education, youth, poverty, ,
About the Organization: Student Leadership Network supports two life-changing programs that empower students to break the cycle of poverty through education including CollegeBound Initiative, a school-based college access program for young women and men. Student Leadership Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and makes the dream of college a reality for students from low-income communities.
About the Position: Student Leadership Network is seeking a Part-Time (25 hours per week) Program Associate who will collaborate with the CollegeBound Initiative’s Alumni Engagement Manager, in running an initiative that focuses on re-engaging CBI graduates who left college having accumulated the equivalent of six or more full-time semesters of college enrollment, and help them complete their education. This initiative helps students (i.e. possible future college graduates) identify and address barriers to college completion. Duties will include providing guidance and support to alumni, event management, and programming support, administrative assistance, as well as, data collection and reporting. Some travel and evening work will be required. The Associate will help strengthen program delivery to sustain CBI’s Alumni matriculation, persistence, reenrollment, and graduation. The Associate reports directly to the Alumni Engagement Manager, but also works with the broader management team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education, Counseling, Communications majors preferred)
- Prior College Success program/ Advising/Counseling experience; 1 year of experience in college access, secondary education or an educational nonprofit required.
- Strong Interpersonal skills; Confident making “cold calls” to establish communication with Alumni and partners
- Experience with texting and mailing support applications (i.e.: MailChimp, SignalVine) to create and manage communication, mailings list, newsletters
- Ability to work under deadline while paying close attention to detail
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and implement new ideas both independently and as a team member
- Passionate about Student Leadership Network’s mission
- Committed to teamwork and achieving results
Estimated Salary: $20/hour (25 hours/week) + Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending
Student Leadership Network