Fields: homeless, mental health, poverty, housing, social work
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services and health care sectors.
About the Position: With guidance from the Program Supervisor, the Housing Coordinator will provide housing retention services to individuals who were formerly homeless and are now housed in scattered-site housing in Los Angeles County. The Housing Coordinator will work directly with tenants and ongoing case management to ensure that tenants successfully retain their housing over time. The Housing Coordinator will ensure tenant well-being and unit habitability by conducting weekly, monthly, and quarterly home visits. Approximately 30-40% out in the field visiting clients throughout Los Angeles County. The Housing Coordinator will work creatively to prevent eviction and other housing related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 1 year of work experience in non-profit human services
- Experience with homeless, veteran, and/or developmentally-disabled populations a plus
- Knowledge of different housing models, particularly rapid rehousing, a plus
- You’re a people person. You enjoy providing great person-centered customer service to a diverse population. You like people and they like you.
Estimated Salary: $19.23 – $21.63/hour, DOE + benefits
Deadline: ASAP, Immediate start